It’s happened. Covid 19 – the flu-like virus I first heard about when I was in Guangzhou, China with Judith and Hannah 8 weeks ago – has arrived in Scotland. It’s super infectious, it’s spreading and – as of today – The Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020 (introduced by the First Minister on 31st March) is, by Royal Assent, officially law. Mental!
- Outside sports and entertainment events are cancelled
- Pubs, cafes, and restaurants are all closed until further notice
- Theatres, nightclubs, cinemas are also closed
- Stay at home orders have been issued
- Home schooling is around the corner
- Only key workers can travel
- SEC in Glasgow’s been converted into the first of many emergency hospitals
- Public only allowed to leave home to shop or exercise
At Zap! HQ, we’ve battened down the hatches and started work on some Community Helpline videos.
Wash your hands, wear a mask, stay 2m apart and stay safe…and “keep the heid!”